20 Graines Cosmos Sea Shells, Cosmos bipinnatus
Cosmos Sea Shells, cosmos bipinnatus mixes |
Cosmos Sea Shells, Cosmos Bipinnatus,
20 seeds - Average germination: 80%
Cosmos bipinnatus (the cosmos bipenné) is a flowering plant herbaceous medium -sized, and originating from Mexico, of Guatemala and Costa Rica2. It is cultivated in the gardens, but it is also found in the wild in a large part of theNorth America.
This plant is annual. It reproduces by abundant seeding. Its height varies from 60 cm to 120 cm. Its foliage is finely cut into threading segments of width 0.5 to 1 mm.
During flowering, the plant can sag under its weight. This problem can be resolved by grouping the feet so that the leaves cling to each other. Flowers have a diameter of 5 to 7 cm, and various colors according to Cultivars.
The Akenes are blackish, and smooth or short-herself. Their shape is linear and in a spindle.
- the germination takes 7 to 10 days for an optimal temperature of 24 ° C.
- flowering begins 60 to 90 days after germination.
- the plant prefers a soil of pH between 6 and 8.5, which corresponds to its original habitat in the alkaline regions of the centralAmerica.
- the best flowering is obtained in full sun. A mid-shade exhibition is also tolerated.
- the culture is easy. The plant tolerates drought after germination, is little prone to disease. However, it is the target of aphids.
Flowers attract Birds and butterflies, including the monarch.
Contents subject to the CC-BY-SA 3.0 license. Source : Article Cosmos Bipinnatus by Wikipedia in French (Authors)
Tags: cosmos, sea, shells, bipinnatus, mixes, 20, graines, flower, seeds, trees, flowers, ornamental, herbs